What To Expect
Initial Office Visit (1.5 hours)
Initial Pediatric visit (1 hour)
- Naturopathic medicine and Oriental medicine approach to history taking and evaluation of chief complaints and past medical history.
- Complete review of systems
- Physical exam
- Ordering and reviewing of past and present diagnostic laboratory tests
- Treat, educate, advise, and empower
Naturopathic Return Visits (45 minutes)
Pediatric Return Visits (30 minutes)
- Re-evaluate/ follow-up on existing conditions
- Address concerns and limitations of treatment plan and lifestyle modifications
- Order further testing
- Modify the treatment plan
Initial Acupuncture Office Visit (1.5 hours)
- TCM style history taking, evaluation and management of health complaints.
- Tongue and Pulse diagnosis
- Acupuncture treatment
- Formulation of treatment plan
Acupuncture Visit (1 hour)
Naturopathic Medicine is currently not accepted by most carriers, as Naturopathic Doctors are not directly contracted with insurance companies in the state of CA. Great Western and CIGNA have provided partial reimbursement for care. Many insurance PPO plans will cover partial lab costs. Call your carrier prior to visiting to learn if they cover “Naturopathic Doctors” as providers , "out-of network labs" and "Labs/imaging ordered by a Naturopathic Doctor." You will be given a Superbill at time of service to self submit to your insurance provider.